Thursday, December 1, 2011

vent.

It's been way too long, and I apologize for the not so joyful post this will be. I promise we will write more uplifting things next time. 




It seems rather difficult sometimes to follow where God leads. Not because I am lazy, not because I can't hear what He is telling me, and definitely not because I am rebellious and think my way is a better way. But what makes it most difficult is the people around us who think we are crazy for waiting on God's plan and not taking action ourselves. 


I feel like we are always being told what we should be doing, that we should be jumping at any given opportunity just because it is most convenient. Of course we want jobs, (or careers I should say) yes some doors crack open hear and there, but many times, the Lord shuts them pretty quickly while showing us a different way soon after. 


I am tired of feeling like I am being portrayed as lazy or not ambitious because I don't want just any job that is offered to me. I would like to think (and it would be awesome if other people thought) that I am better than that, that I have the skills to get me something better, that I am in the place where I could find a good career so that I don't have to succumb to another failing business just to get me through another couple months. 


I have just a couple weeks left of my final semester... I am exhausted, nervous but still excited to see what lies ahead. As I put together my portfolio I am overwhelmed with thoughts of where I could work, the options are really endless and I truly look forward to finding a job I love. I have zero desire to find a design "job"... I am ready for a career. I have worked for enough unstable businesses and am tired of not knowing when my next paycheck will come. 


If I need to find a "job" at a framing store or something while I wait for the right thing to come along I will. I know what I am capable of and I'm not going to settle for less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment