Saturday, June 1, 2013

Herb Garden!

This MN weather is completely throwing me off. 15 minutes ago it was blue sky and hot. So of course I go out to give our new herbs a drink, only to watch the rain come pouring down as soon as I get inside.. Ugh!

Our poor little Jalapeno plant is having a rough start. :(
























Oh well. Our herbs are mostly doing just wonderfully in their new home! Last week I ventured to the MPLS Farmers market with my good and very pregnant friend Annamarie to pick out our plants for the summer! It was so much fun and I had a hard time stopping myself!

This is what we ended up with:

1.Thyme
2. Rosemary
3. Oregano
4. Sage
5. Cilantro
6. Parsley
7. Sweet Basil
8. Thai Basil
9. Tarragon
10. Peppermint
11. Roma Tomatoes
12. Jalapeno Peppers
13. 2 Viola Flowers!

WHEW!

I cannot wait to start using them!

Last week, with the help of his dad, Steve built us a shiny new herb box that fits perfectly under our front window!

I'll admit, I was a little hesitant how it was going to turn out. I knew that he could do it, but sometimes his ideas/descriptions didn't quite give me a very cohesive idea as to what his plan was. But he pulled it off and it turned out great! I am one proud wife! This is the new home to 6 of our herbs!








Only one small problem.. It's too.. new'ish...  SO, with that said, It's MY turn with it now! Check back to see our herb box transformation! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment