Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Up Nort

Since we got married life has only gotten busier. It seems as though we have something going on every weekend and almost every weeknight. With me working full time + freelance, and Steve pulling 2/3ish jobs, on top of church commitments, friends, family, and weddings we are going non stop. How silly of me to think that marriage would be relaxing! And then...... One fine day in January I opened my email only to find my daily email from Crowdcut... Now it wasn't just any old offer like 50% off salon services, or 25% off car detailing.. this one was for a two night stay at the Lutsen Sea Villas!! I don't think I even thought twice, I immediately told Steve we had to go, and he agreed.

We were both very much looking forward to a cozy weekend away up North, A weekend of snowboarding and movies by the fireplace was exactly what we needed. And then MN happened. Snow? What's that? So rather than snowboarding and movies, we had swimming, biking and movies! Can't complain! It was so awesome to get away and not think about anything. We were able to let go of all the stress and chaos back home and bask in God's amazing creation and focus on quality time with each other for a whole weekend! I loved every minute of it!
Out our back door
Our cozy cabin for the weekend!
Love the wood burning fireplace!

    
We even did a 500 piece puzzle!! I don't even like puzzles!

It was pretty cold our first night there. Notice the red nose :)



Making progress!


Ready for the Gitchi Gami trail! I looked so cool.  


So close!!
Typical.
I <3 him.

Make that a 498 piece puzzle. WE DID IT!


Packin up the bikes. Too bad we lost a seat on the way home.


Best breakfast EVER!

Stuffed french toast and wild-rice sausage! YUM!

Steve had a delicious breakfast pita!



 Beth had suggested we check out Fitgers Pub in Duluth for a flight of beer and some awesome food. While we had the best intentions of eating lunch we were just not hungry at all after our massive breakfast. HOWEVER, we were determined to try this beer. So we decided to pass the time by visiting the Duluth Aquarium! Not quite as impressive as 'SeaLife' at the MOA, but a fun spur of the moment decision nonetheless! I will give you a tour!


There's a duck!


and a crazy fish.

Steve played with some boats...
and played some more..

This fish is cooll. 






Then we ate and drank and drove back home! The end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment