Monday, August 8, 2011

Blog Time!





Hey everyone! Steve and I thought this would be a fun way of keeping our family and friends in the loop with what is going on in our lives. My hope is to update this regularly so even those far away feel like they know us a little bit better! 


Quick update to get things rollin: Steve and I have now been married for just over a month! Things have been wonderful in many ways. We have enjoyed spending lots of time together, watching movies, going for walks, cooking meals and just having fun! Married life is glorious! Everything just fell into place and felt so natural right from the start! I feel so blessed to be doing life with my best friend! 


On another note, many of you know that I was laid off from my job just last week. Although somewhat expected, it was still sudden and definitely not easy.  With Steve not having a full time job I immediately felt anxious about what was ahead. I came home that day and rather than moping around, Steve and I went on a long beautiful walk at the giant park right by our home. God's creation is amazing and immediately put me at ease. I knew then that everything would be alright, I wasn't going to worry or stress out, but I chose to trust that God was in control of the whole situation. He doesn't do things without a reason, I believe he has plans for us, and really, all we can do is trust. A five letter word has a lot of weight doesn't it? Sometimes I think it would be great if I was in control of my life but it is very humbling to realize that I am not. 


That same night Steve got a phone call from a friend/worship pastor asking if he would be available to play bass at a church that weekend. Immediate answer to prayer! This is a church that Steve has wanted to get into the 'musician rotation' of so he obviously jumped at the opportunity. 


The next day he received and email with a job offer from a music lessons company he had interviewed with a couple weeks back. It isn't full time by any means but he'll be doing what he loves and it will be a great opportunity for him to grow as a music instructor.


On Saturday my parents and I went to one of the art festivals in town! Always a good time, but when I came across a certain booth I realized I may have been there for another reason. I was drawn to this booth because of the amazing and artistic portrait photography that was displayed. I started talking with the lady and one thing led to another. I told her about my experience doing portrait photography and my background in graphic design. Once I told her I just got laid off she got very excited and asked if I knew how to edit portraits because they were looking for someone part time. Anyway, we'll be praying about that, I have her name as well as the owners name. I'm expecting an email from them this week! 


THEN on Sunday night, a good friend of ours mentioned that his uncle (who does tiling) needed help for a few weeks. Of course I told him Steve was interested :). Before we even left church Steve's phone was ringing to set up a time to meet. He met with him today and was offered the job, NOT just for 3 weeks but for as long as he wants it! I'm excited to be married to a bathroom renovator :) haha. 


Whew, it's been a crazy week but it has been amazing to watch God work so fast. It's so clear that the less we rely on our own doing the more He is allowed to work. Thank you all for your prayers, I will keep you updated with what happens! 


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! AND I am so glad to hear that there have been job opportunities opening up for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So glad to hear about the great opportunities that are coming your way! Praise God. :)

    ReplyDelete