Saturday, August 27, 2011

Legacy

Last Friday morning my Grandma Boal passed away after battling some health issues. She was an incredible woman who loved God with all her heart. She had a joyful heart and a fun loving spirit and was always sending jokes along through email. She loved playing games and learning new things through out her life. Her fun loving spirit was with her to the end as she told my dad she looked forward to hugging a lion when she got to heaven.

She was always proud of her family and the people we are growing to be.

I am blessed to be part of an excellent family on all sides of my life. Grandma was a part of the legacy of faith in our family. She exemplified the values of Christ in her life. She was loving and looked for ways to care for others in all aspects of her life.This legacy has passed on to her kids and grandkids and even the great grandchild. We are all challenged to take the legacy and move forward.

Funerals are sad time as we mourn the loss of a persons presence in our life, but for those who are in Christ, they are also a time of joy celebrating the life of the believer and their union with Christ. Tears will be shed as family and friends unite to remember the life of Irene Boal, but there will also be smiles as we share stories about her. As I think about death and what the future holds, I am overcome with anticipation. That is not to say that I am hoping death comes soon, but I am looking forward to working along the path God has put me on. At church we have been working through Philippians and Paul writes about how life is for serving Christ and death is for being united with Christ. While I am here, there is work to be done. When God says, come home my son, it is time to go be with Daddy. These are all things to be excited for. The journey is filled with pot holes and stumbling blocks, but there will be a lot to sing praises about because God is there the whole way. Grandma knew this day would come, and she did not fear it. She worked her whole life and was taken home to be with her heavenly Father. I will miss her at our family gatherings, but I can't wait to see her again and have her show me the best lions to hug.

On Tuesday we celebrate the life of Irene Boal. We mourn her passing, but look forward to being reconnected with her again. God has put us here for a time to be of use to Him. Remember what is important in life and do not waste the moments you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment