Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Laying Tile

It seems like it is my turn to take a jab at this family blog. My wife has been dominating the blissfully bountiful Boal blog so far it seems that I need to participate in this venture as well. Last week I started working with a friends uncle laying tile. This job is full of things I know absolutely nothing about, and so the learning curve has been quite steep. I have been enjoying myself and have been challenged each day to learn new skills. I must be doing something right because the other day my boss was talking about retiring someday and needing somebody to take over the business when he's gone. Not sure I am ready for that, but  I was encouraged that even though I make mistakes I am doing well enough that he would even think of that.

This job is a total answer to Kaia's and my prayers as window cleaning has been slow in August and she was laid off a few weeks ago. I do not know how long I will stay with it, but I think I will stay around long enough while I work on my Minnesota Teaching license. My time student teaching was a blast and confirmed for me my decision to venture into music education. I cannot wait to get into my own classroom and get to know my students. It was an adventure I cannot wait to be on again.

That is all I have to ramble about right now. I'll keep practicing and get back to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment