Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Grandma Irene

We had a really nice time in Iowa celebrating Grandma's life. It was comforting to be around so many family members who were inspired by her in so many ways. The funeral was beautiful, lots of great stories and it was fun to hear some of the poems Irene wrote. Although funerals are sad, they serve as a reminder that we are here for a reason, and only for a short time. 


Our job is to share God's love with those around us, to live in a way that is glorifying to him. So many take advantage of the life they are given, thinking they have time to figure things out, they will wait until they 'need' him, or until He fits into their 'busy' schedule.. Well the scary truth is none of us are promised another day. God want's us here for HIS purposes and his only. It makes me sad, scared and nervous that so many people may leave this world without him, and in turn, will not live in eternity with him. I wish every person I knew and even those I don't would take the time to consider the importance in fostering a relationship with Jesus. I am not claiming to be perfect in any way shape or form, I am very far from where I need to be, but it's a daily effort... a very worthwhile effort. 


I learned a lot from Irene in the short time that I knew her. I learned what it looked like to live sacrificially, to put others before myself, to be content with the circumstances God give's me and to live faithfully trusting in Him everyday. 


When my grandma died years ago I was blessed to inherit some of her jewelry, I love the vintage flare and knowing that she once wore them make them all the more special. 


Again, I was given a beautiful necklace Irene once wore. It is so 'Kaia' I couldn't believe it! I am excited to carry a piece of her with me and remember her each time I wear it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment